Monday, September 23, 2013

Jack-O-Lantern Fun

It all started with this magazine.  
American Patchwork & Quilting Oct 2013.
I love pumpkins and Jack-o-Lanterns to begin with, so this was the perfect project for me.
I decided to make a table runner instead of a quilt.  
I went through my stash and pulled out a bunch of oranges
Cut them into a variety of widths and started sewing my log cabin blocks
 Each block was a different size and shape
 To make them all the same size, I added black borders.
Using my 16 1/2 square I wonky cut them to all be 14 1/2" square
Sewed them all together and fused the faces on to make a fun Halloween table runner
Now to decorate for Halloween....one of my favorite holidays!!!!
Happy Sewing

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! What is the date of the magazine, I just may have it. Love how you turned it into a table runner.

    ReplyDelete