Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Poem

The Day of Christmas
 
‘Twas the day of Christmas and all through the house
 All the creatures were stirring, even the mouse.
To get to their toys after a year of waiting
A year of being good and not ever hating
They tore open presents with lots of cheer
That were delivered by Santa and his tiny reindeer
The boys screamed with glee at the loot they got
Me diving from dart guns to avoid being shot
The girls were much calmer, with make-up and dolls
The boys were still running and diving through halls
And now I’m regretting that I’d come up from bed
With all the kid’s clatter I just might be dead!
My wife just came down after resting some more
Still sleepy and tired, her limbs were all sore
The kids finally noticed her come down the stairs
Showing her presents, taking her unawares
Me and my wife finally settled them down
We were afraid there yelling will wake up the town 
Now we’re all singing carols round the Christmas tree
Another wonderful Christmas, I think sarcastically
Well, I guess this is it, another Christmas has past
364 days to go, I don’t think I will last!
This poem was written by my son for one of his school assignments.  I love it and thought I would share it with you.
Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment