Friday, December 7, 2012

Candy Craze

Candy galore!

When I was young, every year we would make a "Candy House" at Christmas time.  It was never out of gingerbread, it was made out of wood.  My grandpa made a wood house for us and my mom would cover it with white frosting,
then all six of use would go candy crazy.
We would use candy corns, peppermints, M&M's, red hots, orange slices, gumdrops, hard butterscotch rounds, plus many more types of sugary sweets.  It's a great childhood memory so I try to carry on the tradition with my kids.  My dad has made me a wood house for us to use for our Candy House.  If you haven't done a candy house yet this year, well, this weekend would be a great time to do one.
Here's some fun pix I found to help inspire us.
now this is Candy World! I'm getting a cavity just drooling, I mean looking at this. Yikes!  it's soooo amazing! 
Go for the simple.... with graham crackers
 
or not.
If you're not into candy, try a felt version candy house.

keeping it simple.
However you make one, have fun!!
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment