Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday's quilting tips

Here's a couple more quilting tips that I hope you find helpful.
1. For a quick design wall, use the back of a flannel backed vinyl tablecloth.
2.  Do you ever loose your needles in a pincushion?  Slide an earring back (the small plastic tubes that secure your earrings in place) on your needle about 3/4 of the way up.  That way when you poke your needle into your pincushion it won't go all the way in, it stays there.  It also makes the needle easier to grab and pull out of the pincushion with the plastic stopped there.
3.When I find that I have small scraps leftover from a project, I toss them into a tall glass jar.  So when I'm doing applique I have small pieces right at hand.  The glass jar helps me see the color I need right away. 
If you have any tips and tricks that work for you, please share them and
leave a comment. 
Have a great Monday and as always
Happy Sewing!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I keep a pill bottle next to my sewing machine for broken needles, bent or dull straight pins. A bottle with a child proof cap (if the are small children in the house) would be a good idea. When it gets full I can just toss it in the trash and no one can get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I will post it with the next set of tips that I do. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete