Monday, February 18, 2013

Great Ideas

I keep finding these great ideas and want to share them with you.  Some I have tried and some not.  Here are a few for today that you might enjoy.
1.  To create beautiful color combos, take cues from nature photos, or
paint swatch collections.  (I've seen some great color combos on Pinterest)
2.  Save batting that has been trimmed from a quilt to use from smaller projects such as mini table toppers, for a stitchery or potholders
3.  If you discover a fabric flaw in your piece of fabric, mark it with a safety pin or a piece of masking tape so you avoid that spot when cutting out your pieces.
4.  When throwing away an old rotary blade, encase it in some old cardboard (like a cereal box or tissue box) and tape it up before putting it in the trash.
Enjoy these few tips for the day and Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I have always looked to nature for winning color combinations. Someone told me "I would never have put that bright green with purple and yellow!" I said "Look at a purple iris, all of those colors are in that one plant and it is beautiful."

    ReplyDelete