Tuesday, September 13, 2011

O Christams Tree



Look what I did this weekend. Isn't it just too cute!! It was way easy too. I used a art template to trace my circles on fusible webbing. The circles are about quarter size and smaller. I used the webbing so I could get a good clean cut on my circles. I found scraps of Christmas fabrics and just went crazy cutting 49 circles.


After fusing everything down, I added buttons from Hill Creek Designs and some tiny seed beads. With embroidery floss I made some thread snowflakes on some of the circles and there you have it. I had my tree done. It didn't take long at all.


My talented husband made the frame for me. The inside measurement is 8" x 10". So you could use an old frame for this project. I painted the frame with Americana craft paint, color Santa Red (I thought the color was most appropriate) and then sanded it down, I like the distressed look. I finished it with a high gloss spray.


Let me know what you think. Keep watching, I'm going to do a tutorial soon. Until next time just keep sewing, life is a gift.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet :) Would also work with scrapbook paper... hmmm...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...... maybe we need a class on this :)

    ReplyDelete